City : Motivation Station : Asking for Help
No one expects you to do this on your own, so ask for support! You can get help from the people around you. You could get a mentor or join a job club. Whoever you ask it is really important to get people to help you.
Friends and Family
These are the people closest to you and who know you best so they can be ideal for helping you in your job search.
Here’s some things that they can do to support you:
- Check that you are keeping up with you applications
- If they are job hunting as well, you can do it together
- If they have a job they can give you advice about what worked for them
- Check through your applications and give advice
- Remind you about deadlines
- Organise a treat or a break to take you mind off job hunting
There are loads of job clubs in Slough that provide support and advice on how to get a job.
How they help:
- Networking opportunities
- The chance to talk to other people in your situation
- Learn skills to help you get a job
There is loads more information on how you can get the support of a mentor in Mentoring Arena, go and take a look.