City : Enterprise Centre : Where to Begin
Your first step should be writing a really good business plan. This will turn your idea into something that could be reality, so take care over this step.
Writing a business Plan:
A business plan is essential for the success of any new business, it is vital to have one when you ask for funding or a partnership. It will also help to keep your business strategy clear in your mind.
Some Resources for Writing Your Business Plan
You can also download a template for a business plan from the government website. The site also has plenty of other useful information.
You will need to consider the following when you are writing your business plan:
- A brief description of your business that makes people remember you and it.
- An assessment of the market for your product or service.
- Potential difficulties to overcome and opportunities for growth.
- How you will finance it before you start to make money.
- Short-term and longer-term aims, with expected timescales.
- Your sales and marketing strategy.
- Premises and personnel.
- Taxes and accounting.
At SBC, Slough Aspire Business Start Up Academy offer a 5 day start up course, where you will learn all the basics of starting your own business, with help and support in writing your own business plan.